A family owned business since 1950
Peterson Development Company (PDC) was founded in the 1950’s in Corpus Christi, TX, by Ray Peterson. Ray began his entrepreneurship in the grocery business with a store called Peterson Brothers. From there he branched out to build Portairs Shopping Center in the early 1950s, followed by Woodlawn, South Park, and finally Gulfway Shopping Center in 1960. Portairs, Woodlawn, and Southpark were eventually sold. Bill J. Brown, Ray’s son-in-law, came on board as manager in the early 70’s and built Crossroads Shopping Village in 1977, followed by Meadow Oaks Shopping Center in 1987. Bill’s son Reagan has managed PDC since the mid 90’s, with the help of Ray's daughter Patty Nuss. They are recently joined by David Nuss, Reagan's cousin and another of Ray’s grandchildren.
Peterson Development Company continues to be proudly family-owned and managed. At the present time, in addition to managing Gulfway, Crossroads, and Meadow Oaks Shopping Centers, PDC is working to enhance Corpus Christi with both residential and commercial development throughout the city, including the housing development Rancho Vista.